The Dover Community Center was originally the Dover Grade School, constructed in 1951, and operated as a Elementary Grade School from 1953 until 1971, when the USD #330 consolidated the Dover, Harveyville and Eskridge Elementary Schools at the Mission Valley High School addition.
After that consolidation, the Dover Foundation took a leading role in obtaining the Dover Elementary School for the Community, and the Dover Community Center, Inc. was established in 2004, and soon afterwards obtained a 501(c)(3)(Not for Profit) IRS status.
The Dover Community Center, remains as an asset to the Dover Community to provide charitable, educational and community development resources and activities for the Dover and surrounding communities.
Current Board Members are Ross Sage, Roger Sage, Rich Bassett, Kim Johnston, Lavella Buchmeier, Pam Tennison-Rindt. and Travis Kraus.
Important regular advisors to the Board include numerous individuals who represent groups that regularly utilize the center, and Penny Atchison who handles rentals of the facility.
The Board welcomes input from members of our community. Feel free to contact us for comment by contacting us personally or by leaving a voicemail at the 785-256-6700 telephone number. Also see more Board Information and the latest news on our Board Information Page.
Dover Community Center
Despite its size, Dover has a very strong sense of community. Local organizations and community members provide tremendous support through fund raisers, volunteer time, and by private donations.
Regular activities at the Dover Community Center include the following:
The following local organizations hold regular meetings at the Dover Community Center: